A Marketing Manager is required to drive the international growth of OpenAthens – a software service that connects readers to a range of publishers with one username and password.
The new Marketing Manager will work part time or full time to develop, plan and implement the marketing strategy, campaigns and branding for OpenAthens and work with our partners globally to generate new business in all regions.
A key part of the role is demonstrating knowledge of strategic marketing planning and running market and competitor analysis.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Creating and managing international marketing plans, strategies and budgets that support business objectives
- Undertaking market, competitor and customer analysis to develop the product/service strategy and definition of offerings for all relevant market sectors, ensuring that we differentiate OpenAthens from its competitors.
- Identifying opportunities to target sectors.
- Managing systems and processes such as CRM.
- Supporting channel partners.
- Writing effective copy for print and online media.
- Measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
- Marketing and attending Eduserv events.
- Providing support as required to other areas of the communications team
- Managing relationships with external suppliers including PR, Content, Analyst relations and telemarketing agencies.
- Measuring, evaluating and reporting on the effectiveness of marketing activities.
- Developing and implementing a content strategy for OpenAthens.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication, copy writing and organisation skills, along with experience working with IT sales marketing databases. Effective at building relationships both internally and externally, you’ll be an excellent influencer with a solid grounding of planning and project managing campaigns and the ability to successfully communicate to and engage your audiences. With a good understanding of and a proven track record in marketing communications within a b2b environment, you’ll also ideally have the ability to grasp complex IT concepts and communicate these at all levels with a tailored approach. You'll also be excellent under pressure and a highly motivated team player with a flexible, positive attitude. Line management duties will also be included as part of the role, so you’ll ideally have experience of coaching and fostering a team.
Full job description here
Eduserv is unique. We provide the public and not-for-profit sector with industry-leading technology advice, engineering and support. However, we do this to enable and empower our clients to deliver enhanced public services and services for the public good. We are able to deliver the highest level of advice and support because of the calibre of our team.
Part of the attraction of working at Eduserv is the complexity and industry-leading quality of our work. Another is our not-for-profit status. This means we are able to offer truly agnostic advice so our clients will always get what suits them best.
Another key part of being at Eduserv is our commitment to enabling and promoting public sector and not-for-for profit values. We do this through empowering our clients to deliver less-costly public services and services for the public good.
We will always go the extra mile to finish the job properly because that is what is best for our clients, for the society they serve, and for us.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply.
Please note: Direct applications only please.