Eduserv, a leading not for profit IT services provider, is looking for a Client Manager to ensure that Eduserv maximises the opportunity for its client to achieve their business goals while ensuring that long term income growth for Eduserv is achieved. Our head office is currently based in Bath, however we will be moving to Bristol in early 2018.
With a passion and understanding of their assigned clients, the Client Manager will operate as trusted advisor to their clients, focusing on the value the client needs to create and the operational goals the client has to achieve. As the face of Eduserv, you will embody the organisation’s values and approach and act as an advocate for client needs internally within Eduserv to ensure that alignment and value creation between the client and Eduserv is optimised. Accordingly the Client Manager is accountable for exceeding allocated sales targets and KPI’s for assigned clients and maintaining a high level of Customer Satisfaction across all agreed Eduserv KPI’s. You’ll be the client’s voice and advocate at Eduserv and will maintain a thorough understanding of their business environment, strategy, goals and timescales as well as Eduserv’s part in the delivery of them.
- Significant experience in a similar role, in particular a knowledge of public cloud solutions
- Proven track record and ability to achieve allocated sales target over at least 5 years.
- Proven deep experience of managing similar types of client. Sufficient technical ability to require low levels of technical support (outside of pre-sales) during the sales process and to develop the trust of technical managers.
- Successful track record in consultative selling of services similar or the same as Eduserv’s
- Understanding of SLA’s and service management.
- Sufficient gravitas and business awareness to communicate effectively with executive-level customer contacts
- Experience using sales methodologies and tools to accelerate sales processes.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Proactively maintaining knowledge and understanding of the business challenges and opportunities within assigned clients. Ensure this information is documented within an account plan (updated monthly) and as appropriate in salesforce.com and other systems / tools. Maintain the Account Plan with an account strategy, forecast and target actions as per the current template and review periodically as agreed with the Head of Client Management and Chief Commercial Officer.
- Acting as the focal point for the client communications with Eduserv and maintaining relationships at all levels, including executive, business and operational / technical levels. Managing the internal virtual team across all functions to ensure optimal service delivery and communications with the client.
- Maintaining accurate and detailed information in Salesforce.com for all clients and opportunities, including key activities, contacts and revenue projections.
- Leading the bid process for new client opportunities, ensuring that the Eduserv process is followed with an agreed win theme and that the quality and goals of the final bid are optimal to ensure success. Take ownership for the production of the proposal and writing of content working closely with the sales operations team.
- Maintaining and building knowledge of Eduserv capability and solutions and a working knowledge of competitor activity in assigned clients. Ensure this latter information is shared internally on a regular (at least quarterly) basis as part of account reviews
- Supporting the development of go to market plans and initiatives for sectors in which allocated clients are representative
- Representing Eduserv at sector and industry events, exhibitions and round tables as required by the broader commercial team
- Proactively seeking areas of new business engagement within allocated clients and engage internally at exec level to ensure that these are given rigorous qualification and support. Where new business areas are identified act as a key member of the opportunity development team.
- Issuing an internal monthly report on activity, pipeline status, forecast and key opportunities.
- Managing the production and delivery of agreed monthly service reports to clients and take responsibility for the development of the reporting so that it most appropriately meets client needs.
- Managing the definition and maintenance of SLA’s between allocated clients and Eduserv
- Support the work of the Service Excellence Manager and Operation and Delivery teams in the acquisition, analysis and use of customer satisfaction data as well as the proactive communication with the client.
- Inputting into the Service Level Management process.
- Proactively using the Miller Heiman and other agreed processes to manage opportunity qualification and engagement.
As a Company, we offer a competitive salary, of £40,000 - £50,000 per annum depending on experience, a contributory defined benefits pension scheme (we contribute 18%, you contribute 8%), 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays and travel, bicycle and gym discount schemes.
View job description here
Eduserv is unique. We provide the public and not-for-profit sector with industry-leading technology advice, engineering and support. However, we do this to enable and empower our clients to deliver enhanced public services and services for the public good. We are able to deliver the highest level of advice and support because of the calibre of our team.
Part of the attraction of working at Eduserv is the complexity and industry-leading quality of our work. Another is our not-for-profit status. This means we are able to offer truly agnostic advice so our clients will always get what suits them best.
Another key part of being at Eduserv is our commitment to enabling and promoting public sector and not-for-for profit values. We do this through empowering our clients to deliver less-costly public services and services for the public good.
We will always go the extra mile to finish the job properly because that is what is best for our clients, for the society they serve, and for us.
Direct applications only – applications from agencies not on our PSL will not be considered.