Eduserv is looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and flexible Change and Configuration Management Analyst to join their Service Transition team. On a day to day, you will ensure that the Configuration Management Database is up to date and accurate, manage Requests for Change, troubleshoot issues and produce reports as needed. You’ll be involved in regular audits (internal and external).
It’s an exciting time to join our team to support our Change and Configuration Management Leads if you are looking for a career in IT. Training will be provided as required but ideally you will have some experience of IT and be familiar with working with a service management tool (e.g. Servicenow). Our head office is based in Bath, however we will be moving to Bristol in early 2018
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, be highly organised and able to prioritise their workload. Attention to detail and accurate data input is critical to the role. The Change and Configuration Management Analyst will understand the importance of reliable information to the business and be able to focus on the detail while dealing with multiple pressures and changing priorities. Working independently and part of a team, you’ll show initiative, enthusiasm and communicate clearly and confidently.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and approving Requests for Change Management through the end-to-end Eduserv Change Management Process, according to Eduserv’s change management processes, policies, and procedures
- Maintaining and improving the accuracy of the Configuration Management Database.
- Analysing and troubleshooting configuration problems in a timely manner
- Carrying out regular audits of configuration Items and communicate audit recommendations to Configuration Management Lead and Service Transition Manager
- Providing an accurate central view of software licences (server and desktop)
- Carrying out monthly licence reporting for servers and weekly licence reporting for desktops
- Domain name and SSL certificate lifecycle management
- Producing reports as required
- Proactively keeping up to date with new technologies and platforms which need to be supported by the process
- As Eduserv is a 24x7 company, every member of the Operations group is expected to accommodate occasional out-of-hours working as normal industry practice
- Other occasional duties may be assigned by the Operations Director and Management Team
View job description here
Eduserv is unique. We provide the public and not-for-profit sector with industry-leading technology advice, engineering and support. However, we do this to enable and empower our clients to deliver enhanced public services and services for the public good. We are able to deliver the highest level of advice and support because of the calibre of our team.
Part of the attraction of working at Eduserv is the complexity and industry-leading quality of our work. Another is our not-for-profit status. This means we are able to offer truly agnostic advice so our clients will always get what suits them best.
Another key part of being at Eduserv is our commitment to enabling and promoting public sector and not-for-for profit values. We do this through empowering our clients to deliver less-costly public services and services for the public good.
We will always go the extra mile to finish the job properly because that is what is best for our clients, for the society they serve, and for us.
Direct applications only – applications from agencies not on our PSL will not be considered.